* Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. is accredited as a “privacy-mark” licensed operator.
■ Regarding the handling of personal information
- ◆ Purposes of use of personal information
RECRUIT shall use personal information only for the following purposes, and shall not use any personal information beyond these purposes of use:
- Personal authentication of Users and provision of various services to such Users;
- Distribution and sending of communications, mail magazines, direct mail, various announcements, etc. relating to the use of the Services;
- Improvement of the Services, development and marketing of new services;
- Confirmation and responses to the content of comments, inquiries and word-of-mouth postings received concerning the Services; and
- ◆ Voluntary nature of provision of personal information
Users who fail to enter information in each of the items required for the performance of the respective services constituting the Services may not be able to receive such respective services.
- ◆ Provision of personal information to third parties
RECRUIT, as a general rule, does not provide any third party with any User’s personal information without the consent of such User. RECRUIT provides third parties with personal information only if it has obtained the User's consent thereto, specifying the party to whom the information is to be disclosed and the content of information to be disclosed. However, RECRUIT may provide personal information without the User's consent within the scope not conflicting with related laws and regulations, where any of the following applies:
- RECRUIT considers that the User will cause disadvantage to a third party;
- Providing such personal information is specifically necessary for the improvement of public health or the sound growth of children, and obtaining approval therefor from the User is difficult;
- It is necessary to cooperate with a governmental organization or a local government, or a person designated by the same in the performance of administrative work prescribed by laws or regulations, and obtaining the consent of the User thereto will likely hinder the performance of such administrative work;
- The disclosure of the personal information is required by a court, public prosecutor's office, police or any other organization having similar authority;
- User has expressly requested that his/her personal information be disclosed or provided to third parties;
- It is permitted by law or regulations to disclose or provide the personal information; or
- The personal information is provided in connection with a business succession due to merger or otherwise, to the extent that the personal information is handled within the scope of the purposes of use applicable prior to such succession.
- ◆ Disclaimer concerning the provision of personal information to third parties
RECRUIT will not be responsible for the acquisition of personal information by a third party where any of the following applies:
- A User indicates his/her own personal information to a specific company, using any function under the Services or by other means (As for the handling of personal information in the Service Using Companies, etc., please directly make inquiries to each of the Service Using Companies, etc.);
- A User is unexpectedly identified by any activities or other information entered by the User under the Services;
- A User provides personal information to, and the User’s personal information is used at, an external site linked by the Services; or
- Anyone other than a User obtains the User’s information (ID, password, etc.) which can identify the User as an individual.
- ◆ Outsourcing of personal information processing
RECRUIT may outsource personal information handling work in part or in whole. RECRUIT shall be responsible for the handling of personal information by the party to which such work is outsourced.
- ◆ Use of statistically-processed data
RECRUIT may, based on personal information provided to it, create statistical data which shall be processed in a manner that cannot identify any individual. RECRUIT may, without restriction, use such statistical data that cannot indentify individuals.
- ◆ Modifications, etc. to personal information
As a general rule, only the User himself/herself can request notification regarding the “purposes of use of the personal information,” or any disclosure or correction of, addition to, deletion or suspension of his/her registered personal information, or the provision thereof to third parties (“Modification, etc., of Personal Information”). For specific methods, please refer to the following contact person in charge of personal information management. However, RECRUIT may not agree to comply with a request for the Modification, etc., of Personal Information where any of the following applies:
- The Modification, etc., of Personal Information is likely to cause damage to the life, limb, property or other rights or interests of the User or any third party;
- The Modification, etc., of Personal Information is likely to considerably hinder the proper performance of the Services; or
- The Modification, etc., of Personal Information would constitute a violation of any other laws or regulations.
Furthermore, RECRUIT may not agree to comply with a request for the Modification, etc., of Personal Information if such Modification, etc., of Personal Information requires excessive cost, or if the performance of such Modification, etc., of Personal Information is otherwise difficult, and instead RECRUIT ensures that necessary alternative measures shall be taken for the protection of the rights and interests of the User.
- ◆ Accuracy of personal information
RECRUIT shall make efforts to accurately data process the personal information provided to it. However, Users shall be responsible for ensuring that the personal information they provide is accurate and up-to-date.
- ◆ Restrictions on acquisition of sensitive personal information
RECRUIT, as a general rule, shall not obtain any User’s personal information which contains any of the following information, unless the personal information has been provided by the User himself/herself:
- Information relating to personal philosophy, belief or religion;
- Information relating to race, ethnic background, family background, domicile (except for information on the prefecture where the User is located), physical or mental disability or criminal record or other matters that may cause social discrimination;
- Information relating to the right to organize, or any acts of collective bargaining or other collective actions as a worker;
- Information relating to participation in acts of mass demonstration, exercise of petition rights or other political rights; or
- Information relating to health and medical conditions or sex life.
- ◆ Identification
In the event of a membership registration for each web service, or the use of the Services by a member, or RECRUIT’s response to a User’s request for the disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use of such User’s personal information, etc, RECRUIT shall verify the relevant individual’s identity based on information that can identify such individual (i.e., name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, member ID number, password, etc.). However, RECRUIT shall not be responsible in the event of any third party obtaining and using information that can identify the relevant individual.
- ◆ Acquisition or use of attribute information, terminal information, location information and action history records, etc.
◊ Cookies, etc., among the attribute information, terminal information, location information and action history records, etc. (“Action History Records, etc.”):
◊ Access logs, etc., among Action History Records, etc., in the following case:
When a User uses the Services by logging into the same, RECRUIT may, upon identifying the identity of such User, distribute/display advertisements, contents, etc., and provide the Services by way of using the Action History Records, etc., prior to such log-in by the User. To unsubscribe from such advertisements, etc., please contact the person responsible for management of the personal information, specified below.
- ◆ Person responsible for the management of personal information
Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. Media Technology Lab director
For any inquiries concerning personal information, please contact here: